Pressure Cooker Fig Jam
- 2 pounds ripe black figs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ lemon, zested
- Trim and stem figs, then cut each fig into 8 pieces by quartering them lengthwise, then crosswise.
- Combine figs, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in the inner pot of a pressure cooker. Allow to sit for 1 hour to macerate (the figs will soften and become juicy).
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 2 minutes on High Pressure.
- Allow pressure to release naturally, about 15 minutes. Press Cancel.
- Press Sauté button until the display panel reads Normal. Bring the jam to a boil and stir continuously until the liquid has evaporated and the jam is very thick, 8 to 12 minutes.
Enjoy this jam is with crackers and goat cheese. The sweetness of the jam cuts the tart fattiness of the cheese perfectly, it's delicious. You could also make a pork roulade by rolling fig jam and goat or cream cheese into a pork loin and baking it.
What others are saying
Manny Cruz says:
I've used figs a ton of times in various recipes I've made, however, this was my first time making jam with it. I made pork chops and stuffed it with the jam, it was really good. Can't wait to make it again soon.