Pressure Cooker Chicken Shawarma Wraps
- 1 package Trader Joe's shawarma chicken thighs
- 1 cup chicken stock (or water)
- Trader Joe's tzatziki sauce (or hummus or baba ghanouj, or all three!)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin half moons
- Trader Joe's pita bread, warmed
- lemon, cut into wedges
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place chicken thighs and chicken stock to the inner pot of an electric pressure cooker.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 15 minutes on High Pressure. Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and chop.
- Layer chicken, tzatziki sauce, red onion, and cucumber onto each pita bread; serve with a fresh lemon wedge.
Warm your pita by either throwing them in the oven for a few minutes at 300°F (150°C) or in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
Roasted red pepper strips or pickled red onion would also be nice additions.
To see a step-by-step look at this recipe, check out our article here.
What others are saying
Barbara DeMichele says:
Absolutely delicious and easy to make!
Jen the Mighty says:
Mealthy MultiPot and Trader Joe's to the rescue! This was super easy to prep, fast to cook, and delicious to eat.