Pressure Cooker Strawberry Jam
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place strawberries in the inner pot of an electric pressure cooker.
- Stir honey, sugar, and lemon juice with strawberries. Let sit for at least 10 minutes to allow the strawberries to macerate (release their natural juices). These natural juices are going to create the minimum liquid needed for the pot to come to pressure, so this step is very important!
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 1 minute on High Pressure.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes. Release any remaining pressure, then open the lid. Press Cancel.
- Press Sauté button until you reach the Normal setting for Sauté.
- Stir cold water and cornstarch together in a small bowl until smooth; stir into strawberry mixture.
- Cook strawberry mixture until jam has thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Spoon jam into jars and store in the refrigerator.
Use maple syrup or agave nectar in place of the honey if you want to make this a vegan jam.
If you would like to see a step-by-step article with pictures of how each step looks, check out this article.