Pressure Cooker Poached Eggs
- coconut oil
- eggs (as many as you want and will fit in your mold)
For best results, we recommend using:
- Coat cups of the silicone mold in coconut oil.
- Crack as many eggs as desired into the cups. Season with salt.
- Fill the inner pot of a pressure cooker with 1½ cups water. Place the trivet over top, with the arms up.
- Lower the silicone mold filled with eggs on top of the trivet.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook on High Pressure, 4 minutes for jammy eggs or 3 minutes for runny eggs.
- Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure and remove the silicone mold immediately. Use a spoon to release the eggs from the cups.
You can use olive oil or grapeseed oil instead of the coconut oil, if desired.
Silicone molds are available on Amazon or most cookwares store. You can buy baby food silicone molds and then can make several poached eggs at a time.
Check out this article to see step-by-steps pics of what each step looks like.
What others are saying
Tom Truppa says:
I have never made poached eggs before in my entire life. I made these for my mother-in-law and they came out perfect for her. The first batch that I did at 4 minutes, was a little hard for her she preferred the yolk to be more runny. Follow the recipe the second time for 3 minutes came out perfect for her. Love my Mealthy Multipot
Kari G says:
At three minutes, the whites were still a little runny. I used individual silicone egg cups. I made them a second time and at six minutes they were perfect, but I don’t like mine runny.
Laura Lester says:
What silicone molds? Is there a picture or a link I can refer to? Thanks!