Air Fryer Whole Roast Chicken
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 4 garlic cloves
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F (180°C).
- Rinse chicken, remove any giblets, and pat dry with paper towels; rub all over with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff lemon and garlic cloves into the cavity of the chicken.
- Place chicken, breast-side down, into air fryer basket. Tuck legs and wing tips under chicken.
- Cook chicken in the air fryer until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads at least 165°F (75°C), 35 to 45 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then carve and enjoy.
Try adding fresh herbs like rosemary sprigs and thyme sprigs along with the garlic and lemon inside the chicken for extra flavor.
Place a few pats of butter under the skin of the chicken for added buttery goodness.
What others are saying
Alli Shircliff says:
I love that this recipe includes ingredients that I will likely have on hand, especially when I have a frozen chicken that needs cooking. This is a great, quick recipe to use on busy nights when we want something hearty and simple.