Chai Latte Breakfast Smoothie
- 1¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cashew butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- dash ground cloves
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place almond milk in a high speed blender. Add banana, cauliflower, cashew butter, maple syrup, protein powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Blend all ingredients on high speed until smooth. Alternately place ingredients in a deep bowl and blend with immersion blender.
- Pour smoothie into a glass.
The banana provides a decent amount of sweetness, so you can omit maple syrup for less sugar. Substitute almond butter for cashew butter or substitute other non-dairy milk for almond milk. Use collagen peptides instead of the protein powder for a different type of protein if you aren't vegetarian or vegan.
What others are saying
Sonilla G says:
This was absolutely delicious!! I used cashews instead of cashew butter (because I didn’t have any) and threw in an actual cardamom seed because I didn’t have ground cardamom. Still turned out great! Love the cauliflower idea as well!
Alli Shircliff says:
I have never used frozen cauliflower in a smoothie before, but what a great idea! As a nutritionist, I am always looking for ways to add veggies to my family's meals and this is a great tip.