Pressure Cooker Mango Chipotle Shredded Chicken Taco Bowls
- Mango Chipotle Chicken
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut away from pit
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce (or 2 chipotle peppers in adobo)
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Bowl Ingredients
- cooked rice
- chopped tomatoes
- sliced avocado
- chopped purple cabbage
- green onions
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- tortilla chips
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place mango, onion, and garlic in a blender or into a deep bowl if using immersion blender. Add ketchup, coconut sugar, apple cider vinegar, and chipotle sauce.
- Blend mango mixture in the blender or using an immersion blender until sauce is smooth.
- Place chicken in the inner pot of a pressure cooker. Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 20 minutes on High Pressure.
- Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure. Press Cancel.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Turn pressure cooker to Sauté and cook sauce, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Press Cancel.
- Shred chicken using 2 forks and stir in sauce.
- Layer rice, tomatoes, avocado, purple cabbage, green onions, cilantro, lime, and tortilla chips in serving bowls and top with chicken.
Use honey in place of coconut sugar for a different sweetener. Use chicken breast instead of thighs.
There are several ketchups out there that don't use high fructose syrup, if that is a concern. Most grocery stores carry the brands that use cane sugar or other natural sweeteners instead.
What others are saying
Alli Shircliff says:
I would have never thought of combining mango and chicken, but wow what a great idea! I love making bowls for dinner and this is definitely going to be in my rotation!
Jen the Mighty says:
I saw this on instagram and fell deeply in love with the picture! Turns out the recipe is just as delicious as the picture -- beautiful and delicious is a winning combination!!! Mango and chipotle is a surprising combo that my whole family digs!
Caitlin Greene says:
My wife found this one on Instagram. We made it last night. The flavor was perfect and the chicken was succulent. We had a lot of sauce so we saved some.