Pressure Cooker Shrimp Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ¾ teaspoon red chile powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 pound peeled and deveined frozen shrimp
- cooked white rice
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal. Add onion, red bell pepper, ginger, and garlic; sauté until onion is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato, curry powder, garam masala, ground mustard, red chile powder, and salt. Sauté until fragrant and tomatoes are slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour coconut milk and coconut aminos into pressure cooker and add shrimp. Stir and press Cancel.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 3 minutes on Low Pressure.
- Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Spoon rice and spinach into serving bowls and top with shrimp curry.
Serve with cauliflower rice or brown rice instead of white rice, if you follow a grain-free diet or just want a lighter meal.
Try this with tofu or chicken for a different protein or if you don't eat seafood.
What others are saying
Kennedy Luca says:
The coconut flavors really took this dish to new flavor heights for me. I served it with cauliflower rice and a side salad. Can't get enough of the curry flavors, so good!
Manny Cruz says:
This shrimp curry is so delish! I love it with the coconut milk. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.