Pressure Cooker Korean Anchovy Broth
- 10 cups water
- 1 Korean radish, peeled and sliced into chunks
- ½ onion
- 12 dried anchovies, head and guts removed
- 2 dashima (kelp), palm size
- 4 green onions, white parts only
For best results, we recommend using:
- Combine water, radish, onion, anchovies, dashima, and green onions in a pressure cooker.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 15 minutes on High Pressure.
- Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Strain broth and discard all solids.
This broth freezes really well. Pour it into freezer-safe jars or resealable bags. If you are using the resealable bags, lay them on a baking sheet and freeze flat so they can be easily stacked once frozen. This saves a lot of space in the freezer. When you are ready to use a bag of the broth, either place it in a bowl and defrost in the refrigerator or place under running water until defrosted.
What others are saying
Kai Douglas says:
I used this easy stock recipe to go with a Korean soup I made. Super simple, fresh flavors. I froze part of the batch and can't wait to unthaw and make soup again.