Pressure Cooker Authentic Albondigas con Queso with Pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil, or as needed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups rotini pasta
- 1 cup of tomato puree
- pinch salt
- avocado slices, crumbled queso fresco, chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine beef, cheese, salt, and ground black pepper together in a bowl until well-mixed. Divide meat mixture into twelve portions and roll into balls.
- Heat oil in inner steel pot of pressure cooker set to Sauté on High. Working in batches, sauté meatballs in hot oil until browned on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes per meatball. Transfer browned meatballs to steamer basket. Press Cancel to stop Sauté.
- Pour water, pasta, tomato puree, and salt into inner steel pot of pressure cooker. Place trivet over pasta and steamer basket on trivet.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook and cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes. When cooking cycle completes, move steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Ladle pasta into bowls and top with a few meatballs.
- Garnish with slices of avocado slices, crumbled queso fresco, and chopped fresh cilantro.
Any pasta can be used in place of rotini. Looking for a cheese with more oompf? Try shredded Manchego for extra pizzazz. To make this recipe more spicy, use a medium or spicy sauce instead of tomato puree.
What others are saying
Ron Diliberto says:
I added olive oil and some additional spices, onion powder, Mexican seasoning to it and it was delicious. The meatballs were s little dense so I probably will add an egg and some Panko.
Manny Cruz says:
Fantastic meatball soup! So much flavor in the broth, and super quick and convenient to make in the pressure cooker. I served it with whole wheat spaghetti instead of the rotini pasta. Delicious.