Pressure Cooker Maple Honey Soy Glazed Chicken Breast
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons arrowroot starch
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag and pound slightly.
- Mix soy sauce, honey, and maple syrup in a bowl until well combined.
- Heat coconut oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal. Sauté garlic in hot oil until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and sear for about 30 seconds, then flip the breasts. Press Cancel.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over chicken. Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 12 minutes on High Pressure.
- Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure. Press Cancel.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Scoop ½ cup soy sauce mixture into a cup and mix with arrowroot starch until well combined.
- Turn pressure cooker to Sauté mode and whisk arrowroot mixture into soy sauce mixture in the pressure cooker until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Press Cancel.
- Pour the sauce over chicken.
Substitute tamari soy sauce or liquid aminos to make the meal gluten-free. Substitute boneless chicken thighs for chicken breast for a slightly richer flavor.
What others are saying
Alli Shircliff says:
Soy sauce and honey are always good together, and especially in combination with chicken. I love that the pressure cooker has the option to brown the chicken first before cooking. This is a winning combination!
Manny Cruz says:
The honey soy glaze was definitely my favorite part of this dish. I chose to cut the chicken up into bite size pieces. So tasty!