Pressure Cooker Authentic Caldo Tlalpeño
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chickpeas with liquid
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into half moons
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 (3.5 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- avocado slices
- fresh cilantro leaves
- lime wedges
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat oil in inner steel pot of pressure cooker set to Sauté on High. Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil until translucent, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Stir chicken cubes into onion and sauté until slightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Stir chicken stock, chickpeas with liquid, carrots, zucchini, tomato puree, and chipotle chiles into chicken. Press Cancel to stop Sauté.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes. When cooking cycle is complete, move steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with avocado slices, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Substitute chicken legs for chicken breast, if desired. The dark meat of chicken has a little more fat, but adds a more intense flavor to the dish.