Pressure Cooker Authentic Longaniza with Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, such as canola
- 1 pound longaniza sausage, casings removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 green squash or zucchini, cut into half-moons
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- sour cream, fresh cilantro
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat oil in inner steel pot of pressure cooker set to Sauté on High. Sauté onion in hot oil until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir sausage into onions and sauté until onions soften, about 3 minutes more. Transfer sausage to steamer basket. Press Cancel to stop Sauté.
- Stir tomatoes, squash, oregano, salt, and pepper into steel pot. Place trivet over vegetables and steamer basket with sausage on top of trivet.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook on High Pressure for 20 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then move steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Spoon vegetables and sausage into bowls. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
A variety of vegetables work for this dish, just make sure that they have a high water content so steam and pressure can build in the pot. If you're using vegetables with a lower water content, add in enough water or liquid to get the level up to at least 1½ cups.