Pressure Cooker Authentic Mexican Pork Ribs in Salsa Verde
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2½ pounds pork ribs, cut into individual ribs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups prepared salsa verde
- fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in inner steel pot of pressure cooker set to Sauté on High. Sear ribs in hot oil until browned, 2 minutes per side. Season ribs with salt and crushed red pepper. Press Cancel to stop Sauté.
- Pour salsa verde over ribs into inner steel pot.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook on High Pressure for 30 minutes. When cooking cycle completes, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then move steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Transfer ribs to a plate and top with cilantro.
This quick-and-easy dish is perfect for dinner, picnics, and a crowd. Make multiple batches in no time thanks to your pressure cooker!
What others are saying
Jaime Bowman says:
These ribs were not dry at all, and the salsa verde on top was perfect. I would have never thought to put salsa on ribs but it works. This was also my first time making ribs in the pressure cooker, but now it's my preferred method!