Pressure Cooker Authentic Pink Mole with Pork
- 3 cups water
- ½ onion, cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1½ pounds boneless pork ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup rice, rinsed until water runs clear
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 8 ounces beets, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon star anise
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 whole cloves
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup shelled almonds
- ½ cup pink pine nuts
- ½ cup chipotle chiles
- ½ cup Mezcal
- 2 ounces white chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ounce sliced carrots
- 1 ounce sliced squash
- 1 ounce julienned sweet peppers
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place 3 cups water, ½ onion, and 2 cloves garlic in inner steel pot of pressure cooker. Place trivet in water. Place pork ribs on trivet and season with salt.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook on High Pressure for 45 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Transfer pork to a plate and reserve cooking liquid. Clean inner pot and return to pressure cooker.
- Combine 1½ cups water and rinsed rice in inner steel pot of pressure cooker.
- Lock Pressure Cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook on High Pressure for 8 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure. Season rice with ½ teaspoon salt. Transfer rice to a bowl and wash and dry inner steel pot. Return steel pot to pressure cooker.
- Melt ½ cup butter in steel pot of MultiPot set to Sauté on Normal. Sauté beets and diced onion in hot butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir garlic into pot and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir cinnamon, anise, cumin, and cloves into beets and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add sesame seeds, almonds, pine nuts, and chipotle pepper; sauté for 1 minute more.
- Pour Mezcal into beets and let reduce for 1 minute. Stir white chocolate and salt into beets mixture. Pour reserved cooking liquid into pot and bring to a boil. Press Cancel to stop Sauté, remove inner pot to a heatproof surface, and cool completely.
- Blend beets mixture in a blender until sauce is smooth. Strain mole sauce through a fine-mesh sieve and return to inner pot of pressure cooker set to Keep Warm.
- 9. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over high heat. Sear cooked pork in hot butter until browned on all sides 2 to 5 minutes. Transfer cooked pork to a plate.
- Sauté carrots, squash, and sweet peppers in the same skillet until vegetables are hot, about 1 minute.
- Ladle mole onto plates and top with pork ribs. Serve with sauteed vegetables and steamed rice.
Where does that striking pink color come from? Beautiful red beets, which give the dish an earthy, delicious flavor. Instead of chocolate in this mole, white chocolate it used to enhance with bright notes. Don't like pork? No problem; use any fatty meat in place of pork ribs for an equally delectable result.