Pressure Cooker Corn Flan
- ¾ cup prepared flan caramel
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- mint leaves, chopped walnuts or pecans, fresh berries
For best results, we recommend using:
- Pour caramel into an oven-proof flan mold and spread to cover base of mold completely. Refrigerate until caramel hardens, about 10 minutes.
- Blend condensed milk, evaporated milk, cream cheese, eggs, corn kernels, and vanilla extract together in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture over caramel into flan mold.
- Place trivet in bottom of pressure cooker inner steel pot and pour 2 cups of water into pot. Place flan mold on top of trivet.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (manual) and cook on High Pressure until a toothpick inserted into flan comes out clean, 20 minutes.
- Turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure. Carefully remove flan mold from pot and let cool completely. Invert mold over a serving plate to release flan.
- Top flan with mint leaves, nuts, and berries to serve.
If you’d like a more grown-up version of this flan, add a splash of rum when blending the egg and milk mixture.