Pressure Cooker Korean Steamed Eggs
- 6 eggs, strained through a fine mesh sieve
- 1 cup anchovy stock
- 1½ tablespoons salted shrimp brine
- 2 green onions, sliced (reserve some to garnish)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced (optional)
- Combine strained eggs, anchovy stock, salted shrimp brine, and green onions in an earthenware pot or oven-safe bowl until well mixed. Cover bowl with aluminum foil.
- Place trivet in the inner pot of a pressure cooker and add 1 cup water. Place the bowl on top of the trivet.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 8 minutes on High Pressure. Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Remove bowl and garnish with sliced green onions and jalapeño pepper.
What others are saying
Kennedy Luca says:
I swapped in seafood stock instead of anchovy stock, and was really happy with the way these eggs turned out. I added extra jalapeno for the kick of flavor.
Rebecca Kim says:
I needed something easy to cook with rice and meat and this is a perfect side dish!! The prep work is so easy! I didn’t have anchovy stock or shrimp brine so I used water and salt and it came out delicious. Best of all, the texture was perfect.