Blueberry Açaí Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons açaí powder (or one packet of frozen açaí purée)
- fresh fruit
- cacao nibs
- hemp seeds
- cashew butter
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place yogurt, blueberries, banana, almond milk, chia seeds, and açaí powder in the base of a high speed blender; blend ingredients until smooth. Alternatively, place ingredients in a large, deep bowl and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and top with fresh fruit, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, and a drizzle of cashew butter.
Use a non-dairy yogurt instead of dairy yogurt to make this a vegan meal.
Use coconut water instead of almond milk for a different flavor.
Add a scoop of protein powder or collagen peptides for a protein boost.
Other topping ideas: shredded unsweetened coconut, cashews, chopped dates, or flax meal.
What others are saying
Kennedy Luca says:
This smoothie was so delicious! I used frozen blueberries, a frozen banana, and frozen açaí puree. I didn't have any cacao nibs on top but it was still really delicious. Great for breakfast!
Alli Shircliff says:
The frozen açaí packets are the way to go. I bought mine at Trader Joe's and they are great. I just run it under warm water for about 10 seconds to break it up a bit and then put it in the blender.