Pressure Cooker Jackfruit and White Bean White Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (20 ounce) cans jackfruit in brine, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1½ tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For best results, we recommend using:
- Turn pressure cooker to Sauté mode on Normal and heat olive oil. Add onion, jalapeño pepper, and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, jackfruit, white beans, corn, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, and salt to pressure cooker. Press Cancel.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 12 minutes on High Pressure.
- Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure. Remove lid.
- Shred jackfruit if desired.
Substitute 3 cups of chopped potatoes for the jackfruit. Substitute any beans for the white beans, such as garbanzo beans, pinto beans, or black beans.
If you eat dairy, top this chili with queso fresco or Cotija cheese.
What others are saying
Kate Lowe says:
I haven’t made it yet, it looks amazing! I’m just wondering should I remove the seeds from the jackfruit?
Alli Shircliff says:
Jackfruit is such a great way to add texture, fiber, and a touch of protein to a meal. I love this option when we are having a vegetarian dinner. Thank you for this recipe!