Pressure Cooker Jackfruit and White Bean White Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (20 ounce) cans jackfruit in brine, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1½ tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Turn pressure cooker to Sauté mode on Normal and heat olive oil. Add onion, jalapeño pepper, and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, jackfruit, white beans, corn, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, and salt to pressure cooker. Press Cancel.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 12 minutes on High Pressure.
- Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure. Remove lid.
- Shred jackfruit if desired.
Substitute 3 cups of chopped potatoes for the jackfruit. Substitute any beans for the white beans, such as garbanzo beans, pinto beans, or black beans.
If you eat dairy, top this chili with queso fresco or Cotija cheese.
What others are saying
Alli Shircliff says:
Jackfruit is such a great way to add texture, fiber, and a touch of protein to a meal. I love this option when we are having a vegetarian dinner. Thank you for this recipe!
Kate Lowe says:
LOVED this! I made mine more chili-like by adding a can of fire roasted tomatoes and about 3 Tbsp of tomato paste (next time I will add a whole little can). I also did kidney and pinto beans instead of white and added a chopped red pepper & sliced zucchini in. Definitely shred the jackfruit because it thickens it up - otherwise it’s pretty soup-like. Also, your pressure cooker will probably need to heat up for about 20mins before it can actually start the timer just a heads up! I served mine over chickpea noodles with grass-fed cheddar on top!