Pressure Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced or minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ⅓ cup homemade or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1½ tablespoons Italian seasoning
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- lemon slices (optional)
- Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, smoked paprika, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in inner pot of pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal. Add chicken breasts and cook until slightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to inner steel pot of pressure cooker; cook and stir onion, garlic, and lemon juice in hot oil until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix chicken broth and Italian seasoning into onion mixture; top with chicken.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Poultry and cook for 9 minutes on High Pressure. Turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Remove chicken from pot and top with onion-garlic sauce. Top chicken with parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
Substitute chicken thighs for the chicken breasts if desired. Substitute butter for the olive oil for a richer flavor. Try shallots instead of the onion for a slightly different flavor.
What others are saying
Bernardo de la Vega says:
This recipe was very good and very easy to make, I also added Turmeric which enhanced the flavor even more. Will definitely be making it again. Made it with brown rice and steamed broccoli.
Debra Moore says:
Very good! I lowered Italian Seasoning from 1-1/2 T. to 3/4 tsp.
David Poindexter says:
Fantastic recipe - I have made it twice now and both times it came out perfect! Thanks to Bernardo, I added turmeric the second time, and it made it that much better!
Lisa Radtke says:
This recipe was tasty but everyone didn't think it was like Lemon Chicken. The flavors were all pretty clear but it just wasn't like what we were expecting. Now, that is not a bad thing! The chicken was cooked very well- it was juicy and flavorful. I paired it with brown rice and green beans. We will make this again.
Victoria Jereniuk says:
OBSESSED. Chicken so juicy & could literally pull apart. Delicious flavour. I’m new to my instant pot & so happy I found this app & will def be making this recipe again!
Kaitlin Thompson says:
Favorite chicken recipe I’ve ever tried! New fam favorite.
Ann Robinette says:
Disappointing- good flavor but chicken was dry unlike what I expected.
Kelly Peterson says:
This was such an easy and flavorful meal to make in my Instant Pot. The chicken was so tender and with my fresh lemons it was the perfect pairing. Served with roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli with lemon juice. Paleo and Keto friendly!
Ali Fard says:
The cook time for the chicken was right on, but you need to double the seasoning measurements for more flavor as what’s indicated wasn’t enough for 4 chicken breasts.