Pressure Cooker Parmesan Tomato Basil Chicken and Tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes
- 1½ pounds chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces fresh tortellini
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Press Cancel.
- Add chicken broth to garlic; top with tomatoes, chicken breast, salt, and pepper.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 10 minutes on High Pressure.
- Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and place chicken on a cutting board.
- Place tortellini and basil in the pressure cooker. Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 1 minute on High Pressure.
- Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure. Remove lid and stir chicken and Parmesan cheese into tortellini mixture.
Use a gluten-free tortellini to make this a gluten-free meal. Substitute another shredded cheese like mozzarella cheese in place of the Parmesan cheese, if desired. Use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast for a slightly richer flavor.
What others are saying
Mark Ulrich says:
I thought it was great! Great flavor. I doubled the batch. I bought frozen tortellini trying to save some money and it worked. I'm not familiar with tortellini so maybe fresh would make it even better. Had leftovers and thought it tasted even better the next day. Will keep on my list to make it again!