Pressure Cooker Parmesan Tomato Basil Chicken and Tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes
- 1½ pounds chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces fresh tortellini
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Press Cancel.
- Add chicken broth to garlic; top with tomatoes, chicken breast, salt, and pepper.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 10 minutes on High Pressure.
- Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and place chicken on a cutting board.
- Place tortellini and basil in the pressure cooker. Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 1 minute on High Pressure.
- Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure. Remove lid and stir chicken and Parmesan cheese into tortellini mixture.
Use a gluten-free tortellini to make this a gluten-free meal. Substitute another shredded cheese like mozzarella cheese in place of the Parmesan cheese, if desired. Use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast for a slightly richer flavor.
What others are saying
Marlene Colerico says:
Delicious. I didn’t have any basil at home so I used a cup of spinach instead. I also added mushrooms. Came out great.
Mark Ulrich says:
I thought it was great! Great flavor. I doubled the batch. I bought frozen tortellini trying to save some money and it worked. I'm not familiar with tortellini so maybe fresh would make it even better. Had leftovers and thought it tasted even better the next day. Will keep on my list to make it again!
Angi Joyner says:
This was amazing! This is the first recipe that I actually enjoyed. The flavors were great!
Elke Delaney says:
This has a delightful balance of flavors and they infused into the chicken well. We will absolutely be repeating this one. The cook time on the tortellini was just the right amount of time to cut the chicken so the timing is very efficient.