Pressure Cooker Tuscan White Bean Kale Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (14 ounce) can organic cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup jarred whole tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups roughly chopped kale
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker and set to Sauté on Normal. Add onion, carrots, garlic, and Italian seasoning, and sauté until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Press Cancel.
- Add broth, cannellini beans, and tomatoes to pressure cooker.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 10 minutes on High Pressure. Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Mix kale into soup.
- Top soup with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese; season with salt to taste.
Substitute canned tomatoes with fresh tomatoes if they are in season.
Substitute another white bean such a Great Northern beans or navy beans in place of cannellini beans.
What others are saying
MJ Ortiz says:
I'm trying to cook more season ingredients, so I looked up kale recipes and found this one. I made it in my pressure cooker and it turned out really good. I've had white bean soup before, but I love the added greens in this dish. Perfect for the cold weather days we've been having lately and took less than 30 minutes to make.