Blueberry Spirulina Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4 frozen bananas
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon spirulina (green or blue)
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1 scoop protein powder or collagen (optional)
- Toppings (optional)
- sprouted seeds
- fresh berries
- kiwi slices
- nut butter
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place coconut water and almond milk in a high speed blender. Add banana, cauliflower, blueberries, spirulina, ground chia seeds, and protein powder.
- Blend on high speed until smooth. Alternately, place ingredients in a deep bowl and blend with immersion blender.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and top with sprouted seeds, berries, kiwi, and nut butter.
Use coconut milk or other non-dairy milk instead of almond milk. Use 1 cup of cauliflower in place of two bananas to reduce sugar. Use another berry such as blackberries instead of blueberries. Use a greens powder instead of spirulina.
Skip the protein powder if you are following the Whole30 diet. If you follow the paleo diet, use the collagen option rather than protein powder or you can leave it out.
What others are saying
Lindsey Robinson says:
Delicious smoothie! I used homemade cashew milk instead of almond milk and my new immersion blender. What I found works best is if the frozen bananas are cut into chunks before blending. The smoothie was thick and creamy, the perfect consistency. Definitely going to make this one again.
Chelsea C. says:
I've added this smoothie recipe to my weekly rotation! So good. I've started a new vegan diet for the New Year and adding smoothies to my daily regiment has helped me curb a lot of my cravings. Amazing texture and flavor and makes enough for two people.