Pressure Cooker Salmon Cilantro and Cauliflower Rice Soup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1½ pounds thawed salmon fillets, skin removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups water
- 3½ cups cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Optional Toppings
- fresh cilantro
- chopped scallions
- chopped red bell pepper
- sliced avocado
For best results, we recommend using:
- Pour sesame oil into pressure cooker and set Sauté mode on High. Add onion and sauté until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Press Cancel.
- Add salmon, water, cauliflower rice, chicken stock, cilantro, ginger, and salt to pressure cooker.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (manual) and cook for 4 minutes on high.
- Set steam vent to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Serve in bowls topped with cilantro, scallions, chopped red bell pepper, and avocado.
Use another meaty fish such as halibut or swordfish. Use vegetable stock in place of chicken stock to make pescatarian.
What others are saying
Kennedy Luca says:
Used halibut in place of swordfish and was really pleased with the way it came out. Frozen cauliflower also worked wonderfully. I topped it with cilantro and avocado, for a delicious and flavorful soup.