Pressure Cooker Authentic Mexican Beef Tostadas
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup julienned red onion, or to taste
- 1 cup diced queso fresco, or to taste
- 1 lettuce leaf, finely sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 serrano chile peppers, julienne, or to taste
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- hard corn tortillas/tostadas
- 2 avocados, diced
- Place beef chunks in inner steel pot of pressure cooker and pour water over meat.
- Lock the pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle on Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook on High Pressure for 35 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
- Transfer meat to a bowl, discard cooking liquid, and shred meat using two forks.
- Stir shredded meat, tomatoes, onion, cheese, lettuce, cilantro, chilies, vinegar, and olive oil together. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Spoon beef mixture onto tortillas, top with avocado, and serve.
Try a variety of spicy chile peppers to increase the heat and switch out the cheese for your favorite to make this dish your own.