Pressure Cooker Authentic Mexican Rice
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- 3 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 onions, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white rice, rinsed until water runs clear
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup fresh peas
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- cilantro leaves to garnish
- Blend water, tomatoes, onions, and garlic in a blender or food processor until smooth. Measure the tomato mixture; it should equal 2 full cups. Add water if necessary to reach 2 cups liquid.
- Heat oil in inner steel pot of pressure cooker set to Sauté on High. Sauté rice in hot oil until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Stir tomato mixture, corn, carrots, peas, red peppers and salt into rice.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook on Low Pressure for 12 minutes. Turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Fluff rice with a fork, garnish with cilantro, and serve.
Want a healthier, toothier rice version? Substitute brown rice instead of white and cook for 20 minutes.