Air Fryer Steak
- 2 boneless ribeye steaks, 1/2 pound each, about 1-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon favorite steak rub
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Rub steaks with your favorite steak rub and salt. Allow to rest at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes. The longer you allow them to rest with the rub on, the more flavorful they will be!
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F.
- Add steaks to air fryer basket and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. 8 minutes for rare, 9 minutes for medium rare, 10 minutes for medium.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and put half the butter on each steak. Allow to rest for at least 4 minutes before slicing into 1/2-inch thick slices.
It's important to note the actual thickness of your steaks to be sure you cook them for the correct amount of time. If they are less than 1-inch thick, decrease the cook time. If they are over 1-inch thick, increase the cook time. If they are 2 inches thick, which ribeyes can often be, you may want to increase the cook time to as much as 20 minutes. In this case, flip the steaks halfway through.
If you don't have a favorite steak rub try my favorite simple spice blend: 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon chili powder. That's the perfect amount for this recipe.
What others are saying
Larry Franklin says:
These steaks turned out great. I usually do my steaks in a cast iron but wanted to test out the limits of my air fryer and I was amazed. I used some homemade Montreal Seasoning for the steaks and cooked them to a perfect medium rare. while they rested I topped them with some garlic and herb butter. Paired them with the air fryer baked potato