Pressure Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Mash with Paprika Garlic Shrimp and Sauteed Spinach
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 whole cloves garlic
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pour chicken stock into inner steel pot of pressure cooker.
- Place trivet then steamer basket into the pressure cooker; add cauliflower and 2 whole cloves garlic.
- Lock pressure cooker lid onto place and set steam vent to sealing. Set pressure cooker to Steam and steam for 10 minutes. Press Cancel.
- Set steam vent to Venting to quickly release pressure. Allow the cauliflower to rest with lid open for 5 minutes.
- Season shrimp with paprika in a bowl.
- Transfer cauliflower and garlic to a large bowl and mash with a potato masher or fork until mixture reaches desired texture.
- Stir ½ cup Parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon olive oil into cauliflower; season with salt and black pepper.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and chopped garlic to the inner steel pot of pressure cooker (it's okay if some of the chicken stock is remaining), and set Sauté mode on High.
- Add shrimp to pressure cooker and sauté until slightly brown and fully cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove shrimp from pot and transfer to a large plate.
- Add spinach to pressure cooker and sauté until slightly wilted, about 10 seconds. Press Cancel.
- Spoon cauliflower mash into bowls and top with shrimp and sautéed spinach; garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
Substitute 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning for paprika to add a little bit of a kick to the flavor profile. Use a vegan Parmesan cheese to make non-dairy. Skip Parmesan cheese to make this a Whole30 and paleo-friendly meal.
What others are saying
Sally Mueller says:
Cooked this last night and everyone absolutely loved it! The shrimp were juicy and flavorful and the cauliflower mash was a perfect pairing!!