Air Fryer Potato Chips
- 1 unpeeled russet potato, cut into thin round slices
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil (such as canola or safflower)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- Soak potato slices in a large bowl of cold water for 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and pat dry.
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Wipe bowl dry with paper towels; add oil, salt, and black pepper. Mix potatoes into oil mixture and gently toss to evenly coat.
- Coat air fryer basket with cooking oil spray. Add half the potato slices, side by side, to the air fryer basket.
- Cook potatoes until chips are tender and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully transfer chips from air fryer to a plate. Repeat cooking with the remaining slices.
- Adjust seasoning, if desired, and serve immediately.
For best results, use a mandolin with the “thin slice” blade to cut the potato.
Some air fryers do not require you to flip the food to cook evenly on both sides. But if your air fryer does, then flip the chips halfway through cooking.
Potatoes can easily overcook, so monitor closely for doneness.
Garnish chips with fresh herbs and additional seasoning, if desired.