Air Fryer Asparagus Fries
- 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed and washed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine bread crumbs, salt, and black pepper in a shallow bowl that’s large enough to fit the length of asparagus spears. Place flour in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dredge asparagus spears in flour and shake any excess off. Dip spears in eggs and allow any excess to drip off.
- Dredge asparagus in bread crumb mixture, lightly pressing to coat.
- Generously coat asparagus with cooking spray and place side by side in air fryer basket.
- Cook asparagus until golden brown, about 8 to 9 minutes. Carefully remove asparagus from air fryer and serve warm.
Make these asparagus gluten-free by substituting almond flour or gluten-free flour for bread crumbs and all-purpose flour.
Asparagus of medium thickness work best for this recipe. The really skinny asparagus are more difficult to coat and burn more easily and the super thick asparagus wouldn't get cooked enough in the middle.