Pressure Cooker Cheesy Polenta
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup coarse cornmeal (polenta)
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- grated Parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk water, cornmeal, 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper, salt, and nutmeg together in the inner steel pot of pressure cooker until evenly distributed.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook and cook on High Pressure for 9 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Whisk ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, butter, and sour cream into polenta.
- Ladle polenta into bowl and top with more Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper to taste.
Try other cheeses besides Parmesan cheese. A 4-cheese blend is always a good option. Or grated Gruyère cheese adds a nice flavor.
Substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream if you don't like sour cream. Or you can skip the sour cream altogether.