Air Fryer Onion Rings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 large yellow sweet onion, cut into ½-inch thick rings and separate
- cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine ¾ cup flour and salt in a shallow dish. Beat remaining ¼ cup flour, buttermilk, and egg together in a separate shallow dish until smooth and thickened. Add panko bread crumbs to a third shallow dish.
- Lightly dredge onion rings in flour. Dip onions rings into buttermilk mixture and drain excess liquid. Dredge onion in panko bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Arrange onion rings in air fryer basket in a single layer and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook onion rings until golden brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining onion rings.
You can place the smaller rings inside the bigger rings in the air fryer, as long as there is space between them.