Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- cooking spray
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- ½ cup diced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine ¾ cup flour and salt in a shallow dish. Beat remaining ¼ cup flour, buttermilk, and egg in a separate shallow dish until smooth and thickened. Add panko bread crumbs to a third shallow dish.
- Lightly dredge shrimp in flour. Dip shrimp into buttermilk mixture and let excess liquid drip back into dish. Dredge shrimp in panko bread crumbs mixture until evenly coated.
- Arrange shrimp in air fryer basket in a single later and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook shrimp in the preheated air fryer, flipping halfway, until golden brown, 10 to 11 minutes. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Whisk mayonnaise, Sriracha, and sweet chili sauce together in a small bowl until sauce is smooth.
- Carefully remove shrimp from air fryer and place in a bowl. Add ½ the sauce to the bowl and toss shrimp to coat. Add more sauce as desired.
- Garnish shrimp with diced green onions and sesame seeds.
If you don't have buttermilk, you can make it at home. Just mix ½ cup milk with 1½ teaspoons lemon juice and let sit for 5 minutes.
Try black sesame seeds instead of white sesame seeds.