Pressure Cooker Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup organic low-sodium mild salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) jar crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- Optional Toppings
- chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh tomatoes
- sliced avocado
- sliced scallions
- Pour black beans and salsa into a deep bowl and blend until smooth using an immersion blender.
- Pour olive oil into inner steel pot of pressure cooker and set to Sauté mode on High. Allow oil to begin sizzling.
- Add onion to hot oil and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Stir garlic into onion and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Select Cancel.
- Add bean and salsa mixture, tomatoes, water, sweet potatoes, coconut aminos, cumin, and salt to onion mixture.
- Lock pressure cooker lid onto place and set steam vent to sealing. Pressure cook (Manual) on High for 10 minutes.
- Set steam vent to venting to quickly release pressure. Stir lime juice into soup until well incorporated.
- Serve soup topped with cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, and scallions.
Substitute vegetable broth for water for a richer flavor.
Substitute a winter squash such as butternut squash for sweet potatoes and cook the same amount of time.
Substitute chopped fresh tomatoes for a lighter soup.