Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- 1 pound block mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- cooking spray
- warm marinara sauce
- Cut cheese into ½-inch sticks.
- Place flour in a small shallow dish. Beat eggs in a separate small, shallow dish. Add breadcrumbs to a third dish.
- Lightly dredge mozzarella sticks in flour. Dip sticks into beaten egg and let any excess egg drip back into dish. Press sticks in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Lay breaded mozzarella sticks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze sticks until solid, about 1 hour.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Arrange mozzarella sticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook sticks until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Plate mozzarella sticks and repeat with remaining sticks.
- Serve mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce.
Try panko bread crumbs instead of the Italian-style bread crumbs, if desired.
Make these gluten-free by using gluten-free flour instead of the all-purpose flour and gluten-free panko bread crumbs instead of Italian-style bread crumbs.