Pressure Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- cooking spray
- 16 Oreo chocolate cookies, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- chocolate peanut butter cups
- Line bottom of a 6-inch springform pan with a circle of parchment paper. Spray parchment paper generously with cooking spray.
- Mix crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter together in a bowl until butter is well incorporated. Press crust mixture into the prepared springform pan and place pan in the freezer.
- Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and sour cream together in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium-low speed until fluffy; add eggs, 1 at a time, just until incorporated. Add ½ cup melted chocolate chips, peanut butter, ¼ cup heavy cream, cornstarch, and vanilla extract, mixing just until cream cheese mixture is smooth. Do not overmix.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Pour 1 cup water into a pressure cooker and place trivet into pressure cooker. Make a foil sling for the springform pan. (See below how to make a foil sling.)
- Carefully center the springform pan on the prepared foil sling. Using sling, lower pan into inner pot and place on trivet.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 26 minutes on High Pressure.
- Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Transfer springform pan to a wire rack and dab top with a paper towel to remove any moisture; cool to room temperature for about 1 hour. Transfer pan to refrigerator to completely cool, 4 hours to overnight.
- Combine 1 cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup heavy cream in the top of a double boiler; heat until chips are melted and frosting is smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place a wire rack on top of a piece of parchment paper.
- Remove cheesecake from springform pan and place on the wire rack. Pour chocolate frosting over cheesecake and top with chocolate peanut butter cups.
A foil sling is a quick and easy contraption that will allow you to lower the cake pan down into the pressure cooker. Start by tearing off a 12 inch x 12 inch piece of aluminum foil. Fold it in half. Fold it in half again. Fold it in half one more time! There, now it’s super sturdy to hold the weight of your frittata. If you want to see a whole step-by-step article, showing how to make the sling and what each step looks like, check out our article here.