Pressure Cooker Colcannon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2-3 stalks green onion, (green and white), minced
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- sliced chives
- sliced green onions
- Set pressure cooker to Sauté on Normal. Melt butter in the inner steel pot of pressure cooker; add onion and minced green onions. Sauté until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage to onion mixture and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir potatoes, water, and salt into cabbage mixture.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and turn steam vent handle to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (manual) and cook on High for 5 minutes. Turn steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release pressure.
- Slowly pour heavy cream into potato mixture and mash until colcannon is smooth; garnish with chives and sliced green onions.
Try shredded kale instead of the cabbage for a heartier green. Cooked bacon pieces are a nice addition for a little bit of savory and protein.