- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 white onion, sliced thin
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high. Sauté bell pepper in hot oil until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook onion with the pepper until softened and golden, about 10 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Remove pepper and onion from skillet with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sauté chicken until golden-brown and no longer pink in center, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Spread onion and pepper mixture over chicken strips. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over everything. Place a lid on the skillet and cook until cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes.
Cook the chicken with some sliced chorizo to add a burst of smokey-spicy flavor!
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
These chicken fajitas were really good. I made them in our cast iron skillet. They taste good without or without cheese and go perfectly with a side of tortillas.
Tiana D. says:
Before this recipe I had no idea how easily I could make fajitas at home. I used canola oil rather than grapeseed oil, and that worked great. Crowd favorite!