Broccoli and Beef
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 pound trimmed flank steak, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- Whisk soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, green onion, sesame oil, and chili paste together in a bowl.
- Mix the flour and ground pepper together in a shallow bowl. Dredge flank steak in the flour mixture and shake to remove excess. Keep steak pieces on a platter until all have been coated in flour.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add steak and stir-fry until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove steak pieces from wok to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the broccoli to the wok and stir-fry until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return steak to the wok. Pour the sauce over the broccoli and steak. Bring sauce to a boil and cook until it thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. Toss to coat broccoli and beef in the sauce. Serve immediately.
The heat level in this recipe is mild. Add extra chili paste to the sauce for extra kick. Serve with brown or white rice.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
Delicious broccoli and beef! Way better than take-out. This recipe is great with rice or noodles. The best part is that it's so quick! Can't wait to make this again.
Greg Jones says:
Much better than take out! Fresh, homemade, tender, and flavorful. Goes great with traditional fried rice or noodles. Definitely recommend this recipe and it's really easy to make.
Jen the Mighty says:
Who doesn't love broccoli beef? This is one of my go-to comfort foods, and I was so happy to see such a quick and easy recipe. I might experiment with different cuts of beef for a more tender cut, or try marinating the flank steak in some of the sauce in the future.