Beef and Vegetable Curry
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 large russet potato, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt ghee in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook, breaking into small chunks with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in onion, curry powder, garlic and turmeric and cook until the onion softens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, tomato sauce, and chicken stock; stir to blend. Add potatoes and carrots and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until potatoes are softened, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in peas and cilantro and cook until peas are heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Ghee is clarified butter and is used in Indian cooking. If you don't want to make it yourself, you can find it in many specialty food stores.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
So good! Made a big batch of this in my pressure cooker and will have leftovers for day. Definitely not mad at that! Will top this with some riced cauliflower.