Easy Dinner Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Pour about ½ cup water into a rimmed 12x19-inch baking sheet and lay a sheet of parchment paper on top.
- Combine ground beef, Parmesan cheese, parsley, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until well mixed.
- Shape beef mixture into 2-inch balls and arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Pour marinara sauce into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat; add meatballs and cook until flavors combine, about 15 minutes.
For tender, juicy meatballs, don't opt for extra-lean ground beef—a little bit of fat adds flavor and moisture. 85 to 90% lean would be ideal. For a healthier take, use ground turkey instead of beef. Alternatively, use half ground pork and half beef for a more authentic, Italian flavor.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
Meatballs are my kid's favorite, so this recipe is a definite winner! I was pleasantly surprised to see no breadcrumbs in this recipe (crumbs can sometimes be overwhelming as a filler). The Parmesan is just the right amount and everything binds well. Definitely opt for the 80/20 or 80/15 blends of ground beef to keep these juicy and delicious!
Greg Jones says:
These meatballs were so good! They're good in spaghetti or by themselves. I like to eat them with just a little sauce. My boys also loved these, so the next time I make them I'll probably double the batch.