Roasted Veggies Buddha Bowl
- ½ (12 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 pinch curry powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- salt to taste
- ½ pound sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 pinch oregano
- ½ pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ teaspoon flax seeds
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon poppy seeds
- ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 390° F (200° C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss chickpeas with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, sweet paprika, curry powder, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl to coat.
- Toss sweet potato wedges with 1 tablespoon olive oil, smoked paprika, chives, oregano, and salt in a separate bowl until coated.
- Spread chickpeas, sweet potato wedges, and cherry tomatoes onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast chickpeas and vegetable mixture in preheated oven until soft, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Lay spinach in a salad bowl. Spread the roasted chickpeas and vegetables over the spinach; top with avocado. Sprinkle flax seeds, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds over the mixture; squeeze lemon over entire bowl.
This meal is so versatile! Swap white beans or black beans for the chickpeas. Add quinoa or brown rice. Chop fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro to mix with the spinach. Use kale or chard instead of spinach. Mix fresh garlic into the chickpeas and sweet potatoes about halfway through cooking. The options really are endless!
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
Such a good buddha bowl! I make this recipe whenever I am feeling under the weather. It always helps! It's like healthy comfort food.
Nathan Long says:
Delicious! We have a little one who can't eat fresh spinach yet, so we mixed frozen in before baking.
Jen the Mighty says:
I was sold on this recipe just reading the title and the ingredients! The roasted veggies are fantastic and topped with seeds and lemon, this bowl is simple and delicious. I might go for a fried egg on top next time.