Mediterranean Roasted Chicken
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 3 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 2 onions, quartered
- Mix olive oil, oregano, parsley, basil, red pepper flakes, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; pour half the marinade into a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken thighs to the bag, squeeze to remove as much air as possible, and seal the bag. Massage bag to assure thighs are completely covered in marinade.
- Marinate chicken in refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Pour reserved marinade into a roasting pan; add zucchini and onion and stir to coat. Remove chicken thighs from the plastic bag and arrange over the vegetables; cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Roast in preheated oven for 30 minutes, remove the foil, and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes more.
For a seasonal change during the fall and winter, substitute cubed butternut squash for the zucchini. Serve this alongside sautéed cauliflower rice with garlic for a paleo-friendly or Whole30 meal. If pasta is in your life, toss freshly cooked pasta with olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic and serve the chicken on top.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
This Mediterranean chicken is my absolutely favorite but I've never been able to get the flavors just right, that is until now! This recipe is spot on. It taste just like at my favorite restaurant. I will be making this over and over again.
chef chris says:
i love these spices together and the roasting just seals in the flavor.. i paired mine with sweet potato and brussel sprouts
Aja A says:
This kind of marinade is a favorite of mine when making chicken. Usually I use this on boneless chicken breast or tenders for lunch meal prep with a zucchini salad, but tried this recipe for dinner with chicken thighs. The chicken was juicy and cooked perfectly.