Quick Creamy Avocado Pasta
- 12 ounces fusilli pasta
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir pasta into the boiling water and cook until al dente, 10 to 13 minutes; drain.
- Blend avocado, olive oil, basil, cilantro, garlic, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth; season to taste. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl. Pour avocado sauce over the pasta and toss to coat; serve immediately.
Make it grain-free by serving avocado sauce with spiralized zucchini.
What others are saying
chef chris says:
i did not expect this to be so good. i added the juice of a lime to bring out the flavor of the cilantro. this is so good!!!
Aja A says:
Made this for lunch today. The recipe is good as is, but I agree with the reviewer that maybe it needed some things added to liven it up a bit. Parmesan did the trick. It gave a nice bite to the recipe.
Shannon Whittier says:
A little bland at first so I added fresh parmesan cheese, diced tomatoes, and chicken which really improved it and made is delicious! Lots of different flavors in the pasta and very colorful!! With the right additions this can be quite a delicious dish!
Bernardo de la Vega says:
This recipe is very good. I am originally from Mexico so I love avocado and cilantro but I also lived 1 year in Italy so I know good pasta. The combination of the avocado, garlic, cilantro, basil and lemon makes a very interesting sauce to go with this fusilli. Definitely doing this recipe again, next time will probably add so plum tomatoes into the sauce to see how that comes out.