Roasted Honey-Dijon Chicken with Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ cups green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (210°C). Coat a rimmed baking sheet with vegetable oil or line with parchment paper.
- Whisk olive oil, melted butter, honey, mustard, garlic, oregano, basil, black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl until glaze is smooth.
- Lay chicken on prepared baking sheet. Spoon about half of the glaze over the chicken.
- Place baking sheet with glazed chicken in the oven uncovered and roast until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and arrange green beans around the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Top green beans with a few lemon slices and spoon remaining glaze over the chicken breasts.
- Continue roasting chicken and green beans until green beans are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice chicken into thin ¼ inch pieces on the bias and serve each breast on a plate with green beans.
Try asparagus or broccolini instead of the green beans for a different vegetable option. Lay a few sprigs of fresh rosemary or oregano over the chicken for the last part of baking for a fragrant, herbal flavor. Make a side of fluffy white rice and you've got a full plate. Pour a glass of red wine to round out the meal!
What others are saying
Tiana D. says:
Okay.... this recipe is crazy unbelievably good. I doubled the recipe and our small family still devoured all of this. This recipe delivers super juicy chicken, a delicious sauce. I did broccoli florets rather than green beans and it was amazing. This is a new favorite at our house! Thank you so much.
Kate Bergel says:
Really fantastic and easy meal! Juicy and delicious as is, but would definitely recommend making extra sauce because it's just so tasty!!
Bernardo de la Vega says:
Really liked the taste of the sauce for this recipe, the green beans were a great combination to the chicken.
chef chris says:
the chicken is amazing. I would have sauteed the green beans with some garlic and onions. I would suggest making double the marinade for the next time because there will be a next time. Yummy!!
Caro Hodgin says:
I've had this recipe bookmarked but I just bought a pressure cooker so wanted to try it out. I seared the chicken until golden brown, removed it, then stirred together the glaze ingredients plus 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth in the pot. Added the chicken and green beans back to the pot and cooked under high pressure for 12 minutes. perfect!!!!
Aja A says:
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! The chicken is moist and the green beans are just right. Great everyday dinner recipe with a delicious marinade!
Tarragon Boi says:
This chicken dijon recipe tastes just like the chicken recipe that my mom used to make. The one-pan cooking method made for really easy clean-up, and added lots of wonderful flavor to the green beans as well. Loved it!
Steve Failows says:
simple and delicious! the glaze was tasty and a touch on the sweet side, definitely not too sweet but I prefer a bit more of that mustardy punch, I'll probably half the honey next time.