Quick and Easy Chicken and Vegetable Bake
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen runner beans
- 1 cup plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 475°F (250°C).
- Place chicken in a roasting pan. Arrange onions, bell pepper, zucchini, peas, runner beans, and tomatoes around the chicken.
- Season chicken and vegetables with basil, chili flakes, coriander, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil over the mixture and stir to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
If you have the time, combine the herbs and spices with the olive oil and lemon juice and marinate the chicken for a few hours. It will be super flavorful and juicy. Serve with extra lemon wedges for each person to squeeze over their own dish for a fresh lemony pop.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
One pot recipes are great for weeknights. I love that we have the option for frozen veggies, but it being summer and all I opted for some fresh beans and peas. Lemon juice is turning into my favorite kitchen staple to season almost any dish!
Jessica Taylor says:
The seasoning combination is perfect and its great for a weeknight meal after a busy day at work.
Greg Jones says:
I used chicken thighs instead of breasts for this dish. Sheet pan dinners are definitely a favorite, and this recipe is one of my favorites. The seasoning blend is delicious, it's my go-to.
Jenny Ostrander says:
It’s easy enough but I’m confused why this came up when looking for directions for my Mealthy pot.