One-Pan Salmon with Leeks and Tomatoes
- 1 large leek, quartered lengthwise
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ pound cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 salmon fillets
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped basil
- Adjust an oven rack into the center position. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Lay the leek and garlic into a baking dish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over the leeks and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until they begin to soften, about 20 minutes.
- Arrange the vine tomatoes and cherry tomatoes over the garlic and leek. Lay the salmon fillets on the tomatoes. Arrange lemon slices on both the salmon and vegetables. Drizzle lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil over the entire dish; season with salt and pepper.
- Return dish to oven and bake until the salmon flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes; garnish with fresh basil to serve.
Your hands are one of the most valuable kitchen tools! Use them to coat the garlic and leek in olive oil before roasting. This will ensure they soften and bake evenly. As a bonus, olive oil is famously good for your skin. Rub any extra into your hands and arms for silky-soft skin!
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
This sheet pan salmon dinner is one of my favorite meals to make on weeknights. I'm usually too tired to stand over the stove and cook a full meal, so the convenience of this dish is perfect. It also tastes amazing, the fresh garlic, leek, lemon, and tomatoes are the perfect combination.
Shannon Whittier says:
A winner at my house! I didn't have fresh basil so I substituted with parsley and added some garlic salt. We normally do salmon plain so this was a fun way to change up our usual way.