Garlicky Chicken with Herb Gravy
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 20 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat canola oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Fry chicken thighs in hot oil until completely browned, about 5 minutes per side. Arrange garlic around chicken thighs.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven and roast until garlic is fragrant, about 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven and return to stovetop over medium-high heat. Remove chicken pieces to a platter.
- Sprinkle the flour into the skillet and stir; cook to lightly toast the flour, 1 to 2 minutes .
- Pour chicken broth and wine into the skillet; add the rosemary and thyme. Bring the liquid to a boil, while scraping the bottom of the pan with the edge of a wooden spoon to deglaze. Once the browned bits have been loosened from the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low. Return chicken thighs to the skillet and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley to serve.
If you love gravy, double the liquid in this recipe for extra sauce to pour over your side dishes.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
You can never have too much garlic, right? Try adding 20 cloves to a dish. Well that's what this calls for and I'm not mad at it. Yeah, this is super garlicy, but I'm not complaining at all. Used bone in chicken breast to make this dish and it was everything and more. Made this for a date and he was happy with it- even with all of the garlic included.
Jen the Mighty says:
This recipe gave me a good excuse to buy a pre-peeled tub of garlic cloves at my local grocery, because I was a little daunted about the 20 cloves! Have no fear, garlic lovers; this is the recipe for you. Simple, quick, and delicious!