Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup with Smoky Pepitas
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 avocados
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 large cucumber, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix pumpkin seeds with olive oil, smoked paprika, turmeric, and salt to coat; spread onto lined baking sheet
- Toast in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Blend avocado, water, cucumber, yogurt, basil, lime juice, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a blender until smooth; season soup with salt and black pepper. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
Don’t skip the smoky pepitas; they add the perfect amount of spice, crunch, and extra protein.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
Smoky pepitas are the perfect complement to this chilled, creamy soup. The avocado lends a richness, but then the cucumber balances it our with a refreshing taste. Fantastic.