Healthy Chicken Salad Cups
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce leaves, leaves separated from stem
- Mix chicken, celery, scallions, dill, and parsley together in a large bowl; add yogurt and stir to coat. Season chicken salad with salt and pepper.
- Spoon chicken salad into Bibb lettuce leaves to serve.
This recipe is very versatile. Try adding some mix-ins such as crumbled bacon, diced avocado, shredded carrot, diced cucumber, or diced tomato to make it more interesting! Try adding 1/2 teaspoon (or more) curry powder and slivered almonds for extra flavor and crunch. Or for a sweet and savory twist, try toasted walnuts and grapes.
What others are saying
Anthony Cohen says:
Bacon and avocado were the perfect addition to this chicken salad. I didn't do salad cups, just ate it right out of the bowl. Adding this to my weekly rotation. The rotisserie chicken was perfect for this.
Sarah Gray says:
The only thing that would make this chicken salad taste better would be to add chopped hard boiled eggs. I love the Greek yogurt in this dish, instead of mayonnaise which I would normally use.
Sheila Long says:
I added crumbled bacon and diced avocado to these chicken salad cups. They're addicting! I eat them with and without the salad, yum!
Laura Griffin says:
These chicken salad cups are really light and delicious. This was my first time making them with Greek yogurt, very good!
Aja A says:
This recipe is a perfect meal prep for lunch. Buying a rotisserie chicken from your local grocery in advanced helps cut down on the cook/prep time. If you cannot find Bibb lettuce, it can be named something different like hydroponic lettuce or Boston lettuce. Either will work perfectly. This is a great a quick to prepare recipe to prepare.